ELEMENTS - CONTROL
Control elements allow you to control other elements by connecting them with a line. For instance, you can fire audio on an audio element by connecting it to a trigger element.
You can control almost any parameter of an audio element by using a line to connect it with a control element. Simply connect the output and input ports. Each element then can handle the input in whichever way you'd like. For example:
- Add in an audio element (with a track), and a knob element to a canvas.
- Select the audio element. In the options menu, select the control options tab:
- Add two more control input channels by hitting the + button in the bottom righthand corner.
- On the Channel 2 drop down box, select that it controls the track volume. Set the low range to -20, and the high range to 0.0.
- On the Channel 3 drop down box, select that it controls the track pan.
- Now the audio element has 3 control inputs!
- Route the output of the Queued trigger to the audio element by selecting the first crosspoint. The crosspoint is currently showing a 1x3 matrix, as shown above.
- In the control line between the knob element and the audio element, route output 1 from the know to input 2 and 3 of the audio element, as shown above.
- Now the magic happens! Fire the queued trigger and drag the knob to play the audio and change the track level and pan.
- Each element has different options you can control. Play around with different configurations to see what you can do.